Almond Cherry Vanilla Cake
- 2 cups almond flour or 1 1/4 cups almond flour and 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 cup roughly chopped cherries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour and baking powder.
- Make a well in the flour.
- Add eggs, sugar, yogurt, vanilla, and almond extract to the well.
- Mix to incorporate.
- Break egg yolks, then mix into the flour.
- Add chopped cherries.
- Spread batter in an 8 or 9 inch greased cake pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes. Watch for browning around the edges.
- Allow cooling.
- This almond cherry vanilla cake will not rise much.
- Serve with whipped cream or ricotta.
- You can also make cherry compote with more cherries and a little orange juice to make it fancier.