Maine Dairy and Nutrition Council is excited to offer Fuel Up to Play 60 School Nutrition Equipment Grants for
the 2021-2022 School Year. The purpose of this grant is to provide schools with equipment and/or cafeteria
enhancements that will increase dairy visibility and consumption, while enhancing the sustainability of and
assisting with the long-term success of school breakfast and lunch programs. A special note: This year’s grant
opportunity has consolidated the Summer Cooler and School Nutrition Equipment Grants. There will be no
separate 2021 Summer Cooler Grant.
• Each application is for a single school. If multiple schools from a district would like to apply, a separate
application is required for each.
• Application must be completed by the school nutrition director/person responsible for the oversight of
the school nutrition department and submitted by April 30, 2021.
• The application will be reviewed and if considered for approval, the applicant will be contacted by the
Maine Dairy and Nutrition Council with a Letter of Agreement.
• Upon receiving a signed Letter of Agreement, Maine Dairy and Nutrition Council will work with the grant
recipient to order approved equipment as outlined in the Letter of Agreement.
• Equipment grant recipients will be required to provide accurate data for current school year to the best
of their ability before funding is provided, as well as data for the first year of implementation.
• To apply, schools must be enrolled in Fuel Up to Play 60 & have a Fuel Up to Play 60 Program Advisor.
During the 2021-22 school year, grant recipients will hold a celebration and submit a success story at
FuelUpToPlay60.com. To see whether your school is enrolled and to sign up as a Program Advisor, visit
Application Deadline is April 30, 2021. Find application here: 2021 MDNCSNEGA
We welcome innovative and sustainable ideas! If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact:
Maine Dairy and Nutrition Council
333 Cony Road
Augusta, ME 04330